Weekly Post 3

Weekly Reflection 3

This week showed us that sometimes things take a while to get started, but with persistence, momentum will eventually pick up. Before this week, Noah and I were starting to get a little worried about the outcome of our project, and therefore our future. However, this week was exciting and successful. We created a new record, as well as breaking another one, a record previously held by the YouTube sensation Dude Perfect. Breaking the record for a trick shot held by a group with over 42,000,000 Youtube subscribers who specialize in athletic trick shots was incredibly exciting. However, my favorite part of this week were the interviews we did with students who hold Proctor Records. These students are some of the best athletes in Proctor History in their sports, yet they showed humility in their responses to our questions. They thanked their teammates and coaches, they said that their success couldn’t be made possible by their team. They talked about how good it felt to break a record, but how they hope that a student in the future would work hard and break it again. That’s what I love about Proctor; the people in the community accomplish great things and feel good about them, but then help others to do great things as well. If there’s one thing I’ve taken away from this week, that is it. It’s a reminder of why I love Proctor so much, and why other people do as well. I am going to miss that attitude as I transition into independence in the world, and I hope that I can find it elsewhere, especially at college. There are good people everywhere, of course, but this is a very special place. Of course, I will also take my world records away with me as well. They’re things I’m pretty proud of.

Comments

  1. Great reflection! I love the recognition of humility. Wonderful. Looking forward to your video, final paper, and to hear how the interview goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nelson May 6

May 2